A native of Jay and longtime resident of Lewiston, Mr. Dubord concentrates his practice in creditor representation and collections, subrogation, creditor bankruptcy, commercial law, mediation and arbitration. Mr. Dubord has extensive experience in litigating in both Maine state and federal bankruptcy courts. With more than thirty years of experience in creditor’s rights matters, Mr. Dubord heads the firm’s Collections Department and has presented at numerous seminars and conferences relating to debt collection and litigation.
Mr. Dubord earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Maine School of Law cum laude in 1980. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and English from Boston College summa cum laude in 1977. He began his career as an associate with Orestis & Garcia and Skelton, Taintor, Abbott & Orestis before founding a general practice law firm. After eight years as a solo practitioner, Mr. Dubord joined Dionne, Gosselin & Dubord, P.A., in 1992. In 2008, Mr. Dubord completed the Certificate Program in Mediation offered by the USM Center for Continuing Education.
Mr. Dubord has been chairman of the board of several non-profit corporations including Pathways, New Beginnings and Saint Dominic Regional High School. He is actively involved in ministry at Prince of Peace Parish.
Mr. Dubord resides in Lewiston with his wife Nancy and has two adult daughters.
- John Nagle Company v. Gokey, 2002 ME 101, 799 A.2d 1225
- Associates Commercial Corporation v. Chandler, 1998 ME 116, 710 A.2d 262 (Me. 1998)
- State of Maine, 1980
- United States District Court, District of Maine, 1980
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 2002
- First Circuit Court of Appeals, 2011
- University of Maine School of Law, 1980
- Boston College, 1977
- Maine State Bar Association, 1980-present
- Consumer & Financial Institution Section
- Androscoggin County Bar Association 1980-present
- Commercial Law League of America 1987-present
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys 1999-present
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals 2010-present