Gosselin & Dubord, P.A. provides a full range of secured and unsecured creditors’ rights services, including representation in:
- Repossessions or replevin of personal property collateral;
- Foreclosure by court action or by non-judicial methods when available;
- Deeds in lieu of foreclosure;
- Creditor representation in bankruptcy proceedings, including plan objections, claim objections and relief from stay motions;
- Probate Court claim proceedings;
- Mechanics’ liens claims;
- Filing of suit with or without prejudgment liens and trustee process;
- Collection of unsecured debt, including accounts receivable, credit card and medical receivables; and
- Post-judgment collection activity such as disclosure hearings and sheriff’s sales.
The Collections Department has been successfully resolving claims received from both local businesses and national forwarders for years. The Department handles both consumer and commercial claims and the firm’s clients include credit unions, banks, leasing companies, insurance companies, energy delivery companies, automobile dealers, manufacturers, contractors and subcontractors, retail and wholesale businesses, hospitals, health care professionals and probate estates. The Department accepts claims against individuals and businesses located anywhere in the State of Maine and also accepts claims against debtors in other states in collaboration with experienced co-counsel across the county.
Headed by Attorney Dubord, the Department consists of two collection attorneys, two paralegals, a legal assistant and a bookkeeper.